Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Makeover Magic: DOA

You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make him drink. The fashion pool is one from which my husband refuses to take even a sip.

He tried on the jeans last night (the part I was least worried about...for crying out loud, they're JEANS / AKA: Levi's, and only slightly darker denim...no big deal right?). Apparently, in spite of his boys telling him he looked cool, he decided they weren't "him."

I not only withheld my arsenal of protestations, I also resisted the temptation to tell him how attractive the "un-him" would be, not only to myself, but to all the chics.

After 16 years, I think I may finally give up...maybe. I'm a slow learner.

11 comments:

livinginthemidwest said...

Ha, I have a husband that values comfort over syle too. I usually get the "a large is too tight" while I'm saying "wow, you look so nice". Or he says "do I have to tuck in my shirt?" while I'm telling him "it makes you look slim".

I guess I have another 8 years before I learn. :o)You gotta love 'em.

Lori Waggoner said...

That's funny, Erin. I'm trying to get him to wear his shirts "tucked out" (as he once called it) every now and then. He always tucks in his shirts...even t-shirts! LOL!

And yes...you gotta love 'em. Fortunately there's more to him than fashion!

Anonymous said...

Lots more...but I have a feeling that we haven't heard the end of this story yet...

Laura said...

I just showed the two pics to Russ and asked him which one he would wear. This is what he said, "That one", pointing to the top pic and then, "I don't even know what that is", pointing to the bottom, "What kind of jacket is that?".

Lori Waggoner said...

Oh, dear, Laura. Glad I'm not alone in having married an old-fashioned goober! :-)

"I don't even know what that IS...."!! LOL!

Laura said...

I know!!

But the very logical conclusion that can be drawn from this is, if you want a really great husband, then look for the guys who dress like old-fashioned goobers. They're the best hands down.

Anonymous said...

Steve looked great! Nice job outfitting the Man!

Lori Waggoner said...

Debbie - I wanna know how YOU knew this wasn't the end of the story!

And even though he only wore PART of the "outfit" it was a step in the right direction...baby steps, baby steps...

Anonymous said...

I will tell you in person...

Plus, he wore most of it! Wasn't the vest the only missing piece?

Midwest Dad said...

Lori, just get the same clothes as Steve and wear they at the same time. He will change in no time. ha, ha

Lori Waggoner said...

Rich, I'm afraid he might like it! Then what?