Saturday, February 2, 2013

Take Heart

"He that comes to me, I will in no wise cast out."  John 6:37

Thy sins may be legion-like, - the sand of the sea may be their befitting type, - the thought of their turpitude an aggravation may be ready to overwhelm thee; but be still!  thy patient God waits to be gracious! Oh! be deeply humbled and softened because of thy guilt...yet despond not by reason of former shortcomings, - thy sins are great, but thy Savior's merits are greater.  He is willing to forget all the past and sink it into oblivion.  Ah! how different is God's verdict from man's!  After such sins as thine, man's sentence would have been, "I will in no wise receive!" But "It is better to fall into the hands of God than into the hands of man;" for He says, "I will in NO WISE cast out!"  

"Remember this word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope!" 

--The Faithful Promiser, John Ross Macduff

No comments: