Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Testosterone Required


I go to the pool to relax...to indulge my vain side, soak up a little vitamin D, and hopefully add some color to this Snow White skin of mine.  Sit.  Recline.  Read.  Sleep.  Chill.

Not so with the Shaffer boys.  Their first...and I might add, ONLY...agenda upon arriving at the pool is to beat each other at something.  They're gamers.  All 3 of 'em.

Son #1 relies on talent and instinct. (far right) 

Son #2 relies on agility and strength.  (far left) 

The Father relies on experience and intelligence.

Jumping, racing, diving...rings, golf tees, noodles...the method and means vary...but nearly any inanimate object can be transformed into an occasion for competition.  This is the way they occupied themselves this Father's Day:

Diving for Golf Tees

Experience and Intelligence
Trumps Skill & Strength

Who Can Catch the Most Rings at Once?





Even photos become an opportunity to one-up each other.  Whose bicep is biggest?  (mine, of course, but I didn't make it into the pic).  Whose six-pack is more pronounced?  Who's taller?  Oi-vay.  Wherever they go, whatever they do, the testosterone always prevails.


Can I take a nap now?  Just wonderin'.

2 comments:

Randy S said...

Yeah, you can take a nap. Maybe even extend into sleeping all night....

Nelson said...

I really enjoyed reading this post! They are so cool...haha. Really makes me think of my brother Jake, he is so into his muscles these days :)