I shamelessly stole this from a comment thread on an old high school pal's page (he's a Cubs fan).
We'll let's recount what has happened since the Cubs won the World Series:
1) Radio was invented; Cub fans got to hear their team lose.
2) TV was invented; Cub fans got to see their team lose.
3) Baseball added 14 teams; Cub fans got to see AND hear their team lose to more teams.
4) George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.
5) Haley’s Comet passed Earth… twice.
6) Harry Caray was born… and died. Incredible, but true.
7) The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.
8) Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.
9) Sixteen US presidents were elected.
10) There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.
11) Prohibition was created, and repealed.
12) The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of major motion pictures… the latter giving Cub fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.
13) Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League.
14) Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team’s future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down.
15) A combination of 40 summer & winter Olympics have been held.
16) Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.
17) Bell bottoms came in style, went out of style, and came back in style.
18) The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Florida Marlins have ALL won the World Series.
19) The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the majority of them.
20) Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were added to the Union.