Sunday, October 7, 2007

San Antonio?

It's a BUST!

In spite of everyone's encouragement to the contrary, we made a practical decision based on the following:

1) The alloted time is too short - we have talked of going there for some time and this whirlwind trip would be our one shot...we would not have nearly enough time to do all we would like.

2) We couldn't see friends - there are two people I would like to hook up with if we go there and this timing doesn't work for that.

3) Steve's work - this is Steve's busiest time of year...he was willing to do it, but it will add some pressure to him unnecessarily.

4) It's too expensive - we always tell ourselves we'll get off cheap because the flights are free, the rental car is free, the hotel is free...but when we started listing all the things we would actually spend $ on (babysitting, nice food, tickets, attractions, etc.), it didn't add up for such a short trip.

So, thanks for your input, but in the end, the pragmatist trumped the romantic.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then, you're "BUSTED" . . . because:

1) there's NEVER enough time in life to do "all we would like."

2) you'd going with your "BEST FRIEND" (each other).

3) some things in life are worth the added PRESSURE.

4) the EXPENSES you mention you would have if you stayed in St. Louis and did a "weekend" event. (Particularly when you could have a FREE "babysitter," since you don't acutally have any "babies!")

Anonymous said...

Wow-ouch!

S0, going to KC to see Garth Brooks is more than a possibility?!

You have to go!

Anonymous said...

anonymous -

First of all, if we stayed in St. Louis for a weekend event, we would not need a babysitter, you're right. Our boys could stay alone or with friends, but that doesn't work when school days are involved.

A.A. is my best friend and she's not going.

Tell my husband that a little more pressure won't matter...our experience says otherwise.

Your first point is valid...

SO THERE!! Whoever you are...!

GB Fan -
Are you afraid to identify yourself as such? Are you a little embarassed? That's O-K, you should be.

And yes, KC is a go...it's my friend's BIRTHDAY!! I wouldn't miss it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Garth Brooks!! I was just playing along with anonymous...
btw-ls friend stands for lori s-! There, now it is all in the open!

Yay for the KC/bday/GB road trip!! :D

Lori Waggoner said...

I knew it was you, DK, but I thought maybe you wanted to hide your country addiction...apparently not.

I still don't know who railed on me in that first post! Come forward, Cowardly One...show yourself!! :)

Anonymous said...

Why is it, when one tries to "speak the truth" lovingly, and with intent to encourage, is it received (in this case) as being "railed on" (see def., below)?

-------------
rail2
verb
intr
railed, railing
1. To complain or criticize it or them abusively or bitterly.
Thesaurus: rant, rage, fume, thunder; denounce, castigate, upbraid, harangue, lambaste, chastise, criticize, vituperate, abuse, revile, ridicule, inveigh against.
Form: rail at something or someone (usually)
Form: against something or someone
--------------

My original comments, encouragements still stand.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who would quote the dictionary in order to make me withdraw an accusation must know me well.

O-K, O-K...so maybe "rail" was a little harsh. There. See how easy I am to get along with?

And you must love me, because you are obviously disappointed that I won't get to experience Lyle in San Antonio. Thank you for caring...

NOW will you take ownership of your "truth spoken in love?"

Anonymous said...

True enough, indeed. You're welcome. I take your reply as a compliment. I formerly had similar "positive"-ending dialogues with another of your clan, so maybe I learned something after all.

The "Out-law"