Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Where Have I Been?

How thoughtful of you to inquire! Like everyone else, I am extremely busy right now. I have spent most of my time running from doctor to doctor this last week, plus making calls and appointments in preparation for my aunt's coming to live with us (more on that later).

My aging body is giving me fits these days. I've had a bum hip for about 8-9 years now, but it is just now bad enough to hinder my lifestyle, plus the pain, though not severe most days, is constant and it's becoming tiresome!

Additionally, I have classic carpal tunnel symptoms in my right hand, so I had the joy of experiencing that testing process as well. I'll go back next week to follow up on those two issues.

The rest, you don't want to know about...and no, it's NOT menopause...I'm not THAT old yet!

Hopefully I'm back now.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of that physical pain. Will you have to have surgery? My mom had that surgery and it really eliminated her pain. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet! I don't know yet about surgery. I've heard the braces can be very successful for some, so I'm hoping that's all it takes! I should know next week when I go back.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. I guess you are the stoic that never lets anyone know about your pain...shame on you...let your friends share in your struggles so we can pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Stoic? Me?

Does my male "alter ego" tell everyone when HE is in pain? I doubt it! YOU, of all people, shouldn't find this surprising!

Prayers for my sanctification and patience are highly welcomed and appreciated! Thanks.

jennifer h said...

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but I'll pray that all of them can be treated with non-surgical means.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jennifer. That's my hope too...although I'm afraid the hip won't hold out for the next 60 years or so! (The women in my mom's family live to be 103-104!) Maybe I can get at least 5-6 more!