Friday, July 25, 2008

In-Flight Entertainment

We catch a flight tomorrow morning for the California city which can make 8 days living with the In-Laws, not only bearable, but pleasantly anticipated! San Diego...here we come!

These flights to CA take 4-6 hours, depending on our route, stops, changes and layovers, plus we have to arrive at the airport AT LEAST 2 hours before our flight. So each of us takes a bag full of activities to occupy ourselves along the way. Can you guess whose bag is whose?

Bag #1:
1) Playing cards
2) Harry Potter VI (re-reading...in reverse order)
3) Mini DVD player
4) Waterhorse
5) Harry Potter IV (movie)

Bag #2:
1) Moneyball
2) The World is Flat
3) Basic Economics
4) The Outline of Sanity
5) i-Pod - Gillian Welch, Miles Davis, The Wailin' Jennys

Bag #3:
1) WCA Offensive Playbook
2) MO Driver's Handbook
3) Nicholas Nickelby
4) Clif Bars
5) i-Pod: Coldplay, Gaelic Storm, Relient K

Bag #4:
1) We Were One: The Battle for Fallujah
2) My Grandfather's Son
3) Free Adult-Beverage Coupons
4) Beef Jerky
5) i-Pod: Jimmy Buffet, Commander Cody, Meatloaf

Guesses, anyone? Whad'ya mean it's kinda obvious?! So, what do our choices reveal about us? Anyone care to psychoanalyze?

I won't be blogging this week...not that that's anything NEW! But I don't think I'll have access to the internet, so entertain yourselves elsewhere!

2 comments:

jennifer h said...

Yeah, I think the bags are pretty easy to identify. Mark says the real question is: why do you know what everyone has?

And, yes. I should be packing.

Lori Waggoner said...

Well...I just knew instinctively what Grant would pack (but I did double check before I published it...I was spot on).

Steve asks me for books to read, and the other items are standard plane fare for him.

I had to ask Eric...I had no idea what he was taking!

Hope you're having a BLAST on your cruise!!