Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dazed & Confused

Last week, Grant finally got his opportunity to start a game at Quarterback...cool. Way to make your momma proud, Son.

But he didn't even last a full quarter...NOT cool. Not proud.

Things had been going along just fine, until he called a play, then on the snap, everyone went left and he went right. Maybe the guys misunderstood, I thought. Better yet, maybe it was supposed to be a "trick" play and somebody screwed it up. On the next play, it happened again! Grant ran to the sideline to talk to his coach (as he often does) and next thing we know....the kid was benched! C'mon already. So he made a mistake...or two. Give 'im another chance!

After about 10 minutes of watching the boy pace on the sidelines...I sent in my better half to do some investigatin'. Turns out, after being swung and slung to the ground like a child's plaything a few plays earlier, he had sustained a concussion. The boy was dazed and confused...he'd call a play but then couldn't make his body do what it was supposed to do. Thankfully, he recognized something was weird and told his coach he was dizzy and couldn't see real well. Oh, dear.

The joys of football. One more game to go....

3 comments:

Angie B. said...

Oh, my. Hope both of you make it through the last game!

April said...

Did I mention my hatred for football? Seems valid, no?

Lori Waggoner said...

Really, April? You've never mentioned that before! I thought you only hated "Standing Games" and smelly football UNIFORMS! How imperceptive of me not to translate that into "I hate football!" :-)