Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oi-Vay!!

I am not blogging until this mess is cleaned up! Yes, this is my house as of Tuesday afternoon. The Mother-in-Law arrives tomorrow...

Family Room: Junk I hauled to 2 parties to help out...everything from the back of the station wagon which will NOT be transferred to the newer car...shopping for Riesa that has to be returned...bedspreads I bought that have to be returned:

Front Room: More junk from the parties...All the mess from going through Fall/Winter clothes, trying them on, ironing them and changing them out.

Some day I'll have a closet big enough that this will become unnecessary! In the meantime, this is my clothes closet:

The Kitchen: Cook, run out the door...cook, run out the door...cook, run out the door... Oh, and throw everything that has to be dealt with later on my desk...

Ahhhh...then there's the basement. More "deal-with-it-later" stuff:

These last 3 are of my "craft room," which is where everything gets stuffed when company comes over. Alas, I can't even walk into the room...I have to CLIMB!! This is a serious project all by itself!

Oi-Vay!!

3 comments:

jennifer h said...

It's a comfort to see that even you have messes to clean up once in a while. Now, if I could just get my closet to look like yours, I would feel better about my messes.

I did, however, drop off 3 parcels of old clothes at Goodwill today. I'll comfort myself with knowing that.

Lori Waggoner said...

The unfortunate truth is that this is more than "once in a while" these days. This is pretty much how we live. Even though I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything to be really neat and really clean, I HAD to give that up. I was making myself and my family miserable.

But hey, glad I could make you feel better. I HAVE come to realize that we all feel better about ourselves when we see each others' humanity front and center. The average Joe is very uncomfortable with perfection!

That closet is my little remnant of the way I LIKE my life to be! :-)

Laura said...

I'm so glad you have messes!! Seeing your craft room reminds me I wanted to ask you a question. How do you store your scrapbooking paper? Is it in stacked shelves by color? If so is your paper 12x12?