Monday, August 10, 2009

Leisurely Woman's Daybook 5

Outside my window...raindrops keep falling on my head. Though it's inconvenient, we've had precious little rain and we need it!

From the kitchen...I unintentionally discovered this week, that my husband and boys prefer their broccoli overcooked - even more-than-slightly charred - in bacon grease. OK...did I just really gross you out? It actually wasn't bad! Really!

Around the house...I finally caught up on the ironing. I stood in the hot sun for about 5-6 hours on Saturday, knocking that pile down to a manageable size.

A favorite thing...my Roget's SUPER Thesaurus. It is one of 5 constant desk companions.

I am thinking...that, for some odd reason, I really like to listen to the old-time crooners (Rosemary Clooney, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, etc.), and the old-time pop/jazz standards (even by contemporary artists). Does that make me officially old?

I am wearing...my "sleeping apparel" shall we call it?

I am hearing...the whirr of the computer's hard drive. Otherwise, a blanket of silence covers this household.

I am reading...one family's experience and gained wisdom about raising special needs children in the home.

I am creating...well...nothing. BUT...I spent some time in my sewing room this week, going through my stuff and formulating some plans to BEGIN creating something! It's a start, right? Right.

I am thankful...that I have reconnected with a dear old friend.

Plans for my week...take the youngest shopping for school clothes...get school supplies...visit with my mother...reacclimate to the school year schedule!

A photo/video I am sharing...this photo has been in my archive for a while now, courtesy of one of my politically fanatic friends. Surely it's photo-shopped, right? I mean...he can't really be THAT...ignorant! Even though I think it's fake, it still makes me chuckle. :-)

2 comments:

Angie B. said...

Life's too short to iron.

Re creating...sometimes preparing for the project is half the fun!

Yeah, I'd say that picture is phone-y. But phunny, too.

MeeMaw YaYa said...

I'm confused...you iron OUTSIDE?