Monday, August 24, 2009

Leisurely Woman's Daybook 7

Outside my window...the garden is spinning out of control! Any suggestions on how to use an abundance of sage? One can never have too much basil...but sage? I haven't a clue.

From the kitchen...is a person ever too old to legitimately enjoy a stalk of celery piled with Peter Pan peanut butter? If so, I hope not to live long enough to experience the loss of that little moment of joy.

Around the house...the Shaffer men finally purchased and installed their physical fitness equipment. We'll see how much stamina they have. May I say that I'm just a mite skeptical that this thing will be in use one year from now...OK...4 months from now.

A favorite thing...my book collection. Duh...

I am thinking...that nobody really cares what I'm thinking.

I am wearing...a pink braided ankle bracelet.

I am hearing...rap? hip hop? funk? I don't even know what this stuff is that my boys listen to while pumping iron...but hey, it sure does inject a little testosterone into the soul. Maybe I'll go work my quads too!

I am reading...yeah, you guessed it. The same old things. Here's a thought from Trinity & Reality: There should be no dichotomy between hierarchy and equality among men, because they are not in tension in the Triune God. It is because of sin that equality and hierarchy in human relationships come into conflict. Rule and authority among men as well as man's rule over the rest of creation were designed to be a form of service for the blessing of all.

I am creating...what? I'm sorry. I can't heeeaaaar you!!

I am thankful for...sweet sons who are willing to sacrifice an evening at home slaving over homework to eat dinner at the local pub while watching the Cardinals whoop up on the 'Stros. Life is good today.

Plans for my week...this is a husbandless week wherein I shall prepare curriculum for the start of a new Sunday school year...drive carpool...print SS Teacher Training manuals...drive carpool..."schnooker" someone else into doing the training in my stead...drive carpool...

A photo/video I am sharing...my beautiful niece, Jessica, married Orlando Rodriguez on July 15th. Congratulations and the Lord be with you both!

No comments: