Monday, August 17, 2009

Leisurely Woman's Daybook 6

Outside my window...we are enjoying what must be one of the most temperate summers in St. Louis history! With very few exceptions, the mornings and evenings have been cool, breezes have been steady, while both the temperatures and humidity have been remarkably low! I could get used to this kind of summer for sure! It's not exactly San Diego, but it's close enough! Plus, here in STL, we have a real baseball team!

From the kitchen...After about a 5-year reprieve, I dug out the waffle iron and made waffles for Eric. He was a happy boy!

Around the house...I need to defrost the deep freezer, which is coated with about 4" of ice. How does that happen? Ugh.

A favorite thing...My Timechart History of the World - a multicolored, well-organized, thorough, visually stunning timeline of world history. I love the way it's put together (it makes sense to me!) and I reference it frequently.

I am thinking...that loss, grief, guilt, sorrow and loneliness are cruel taskmasters. (your uplifting thought for the day, folks!)

I am wearing...make-up, which is out of the ordinary for me in the summer. Just a little mascara and some "lip-stick-em"...as Aunt Riesa calls it! :-) Makes me laugh every time...

I am hearing...Jason Mraz "Sleeping to Dream."

I am reading...Psalm 25: My eyes are ever toward Yahweh; for he will pluck my feet out of the net. Consider my enemies how many they are; for they bear a tyrranous hate against me. Keep my soul and deliver me, for I put my trust in You.

I am creating...blah, blah, blah.

I am thankful for...my grand-nephew, Julian. He brings a joy and light into our household on the weekends he's here!

Plans for my week...Finish the 2 books I've been meandering through for the past 8-10 weeks: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Trinity & Reality; complete at least 3 unfinished blog posts that I've started within the past 12 months (there are only 49 of them!)

A photo/video I am sharing...My boys: Christmas 2004

No comments: