Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grati-Tuesday

I skipped last week's gratitude post.  Not because I had nothing for which to give thanks, but because I simply couldn't write.  Occasionally I lose my ability to focus, which means writing becomes arduous...or impossible.  Last week was one of those weeks.  I suspect this week might be different, if for no other reason than I expect to get some much needed time out of doors!

And that brings me to my thanksgiving for today.  I am sincerely thankful for a break in the cold weather.  I really don't mind the low temperatures so much.  In fact, I find the cold rather exhilarating...but the icy sidewalks prevent  me from walking outside and when that luxury is taken away, my spirit suffers.  I'm good for a few days, but it has been nearly 3 weeks since I've exercised in the fresh air.   The monotony of indoor treadmills and bikes just doesn't provide the same sense of sanity.

Forecasters are predicting several warm days in a row...and I will certainly take advantage of any sunshine.  But as of tonight, the sidewalks are free from ice and that's all I needed!  I feel better already. 

No comments: