Thursday, April 14, 2011

Are you KIDDING me?!

As we sat around the fire pit last night, I casually mentioned that my 7-year-old Redbud tree had died and needed to be removed from the garden.  We surmised that the lot of chopping it down would fall to Eric because he's the firestarter and loves coming up with new sources of "material" to burn. 

We may have joked with him about removing it by sheer force of strength...I don't even remember.  What I DO remember is that all of a sudden he was in the garden "loosening" the tree by rocking it back and forth.


We were surprised at how much progress he was making and how long he stuck with it - it may have only been 5 minutes, but with the amount of effort he was exerting, it seemed like a long time.

I hollered out, "Hey, just pull it out of the ground...straight up, baby!"  So he squatted, grabbed the lowest branches...


...and lifted that thing straight out of the ground!!


In his astonishment, Grant let fly a choice phrase or two which are not fit for public consumption and I...well...I couldn't quit laughing!!  I couldn't believe what I had just seen!  This kid is ridiculous!  Why don't I watch TV?  Why would I when I have this kind of LIVE entertainment at my disposal?!

Thanks to Mr. Shaffer, resident photographer, for capturing it on his Blackberry.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

The Hulk!

Unknown said...

Next time (if there is one) that Mr. Eric is feeling a bit defeated or down trodden from this gravity laced world. Gently remind him of his earth ~ shattering strength, displayed at this moment!
It may have been quite comical but what a moment to use for Inspiration!

Randy S. said...

Funny! I'm impressed. We have some dead trees here that he can use for an encore! And, BTW, I'm dying to know the "choice phrases" from Grant!

rebekah said...

thats awesome!!

Unknown said...

Holy Cow... That's a Winner!