Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hidden Brilliance

Why is it that my most brilliant and profound thoughts come to me in those ethereal moments when I'm hovering halfway between reality and dreamland?  It's unfortunate, really.  Complex problems, thoughts, philosophies, relationships, and ideas which have occupied and baffled my waking mind, come sharply into view, presenting workable solutions, fresh arguments, clear pathways...and stunning blog posts, I might add.
 
Yet somehow, all that brilliance, profundity , and clarity evaporate upon the assumption of full consciousness, leaving behind on the memory of brilliance and the exhilaration of the experience.  The substance?  Gone forever.  Sigh...
 
Someday we'll be able to wire our brainwaves to a hard drive and download even while we sleep.  Until then, I suppose the full measure of my brilliance will remain hidden from all but myself. 

No comments: