Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No Veneration Necessary

In the interest of full-disclosure, let me put to rest any speculation that my lack of blogging is a result of constant, untiring, selfless service to my Aunt Riesa.

Truth is...her coming coincided with a complete meltdown of our home computer system. I have been without my PC since February 4th! The withdrawal symptoms brought on by its absence exposed an addiction of which I was previously unaware. I had no idea how relient I had become on this little black box for addresses, driving directions, research, music and general communication with the outside world.

Had I not been without access, my blogging would have remained consistent because the transition with Riesa has gone very smoothly so far.

She has expressed, in a number of ways, her pleasure with living here. My grandmother is not depressed and lonely, as I feared she might be, but is very much at rest about Riesa's move. Our family does not feel like our lives have been upheaved either. So, there's no reason to overestimate my dedication and unrequited sacrifice. Really. It's all good. No veneration required.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. I take back my comments on an earlier blog about how wonderful it was that you were taking in your aunt. ;) But I am so glad that you are back blogging. You were missed. Joanie

Jessie said...

Welcome back! I can identify with the loss of the machine. I stress when the wireless signal is down for 30 minutes...

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you are back at your 'box'...

jennifer h said...

Glad you're back, too.

My laptop went down last Wednesday, and even though I have managed to blog on the family computer, I have been truly at a loss without all the information stored in my laptop. I am now in the process of recreating much of it. So, in the words of the immortal former president, "I feel your pain." :)