Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Brother's Babies

They're beautiful, aren't they?

Fortunately, for the past week, Jeffrey has been able to enjoy them. The combination of radiation, chemo, and dozens of pills, are providing him fairly significant relief from his pain. Of course, he is a soldier...not just any soldier...a Marine...,and I'm told he can secretly endure a great deal, but it was bad enough previously that he couldn't hide it. His appetite has returned and he even drove himself to treatment on Thursday and Friday last week!

It's tempting to hope that maybe this cancer can be beaten afterall, but very quickly I remind myself of the truth and simply thank God that he is able to enjoy some of the simple pleasures of life for now. One of my fears was that treatment would make him miserable and so far that is not the case at all. Thank you for your continued prayers for him and his family.

3 comments:

jennifer h said...

Really sweet photo of your niece and nephews and a good reminder to keep Jeffrey and his family in prayer. Thanks for the update.

Brandy said...

This picture really touched me. Thanks for posting it to give us a visual of who is going through this. Do you have a picture of your brother that you could post?

Lori Waggoner said...

Brandy, I do have some good photos of Jeffrey. I'll get one up before too long. Thanks for asking and for stopping by.