Thursday, September 4, 2008

One Week Later (For You All)

As for me...

I have spent the past 40 days trying hard to suppress my excitement about the addition to our family. Knowing the risks are great at my age, I was determined not to become too attached...just in case. Well, I failed.

We learned yesterday, at our 10-week ultrasound, that our baby no longer has a hearbeat. I had begun to feel a little differently already and wondered if everything was alright, so the test just confirmed my worst fears. My reaction made it quite clear that I was already attached to this little one.

I really dreaded telling the boys, because they had been SO excited, but they were O-K. Very, very sad...but O-K. They have both been sweet and attentive to me from the moment we told them about the baby, and are even moreso now. Upon receiving the bad news, I wished we hadn't told them in the first place, so they wouldn't have to be sad, but I'm beginning to realize that experiencing this together as a family will be good for us in the long run.

I had also hesitated to tell the wide world that we were expecting, including our church family, but the excitement felt and shown by everyone, and now the expressions of sorrow for our loss, have made us realize how loved we are, and how blessed we are to belong to the large, strong and caring family of Christ.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

16 comments:

jennifer h said...

We were indeed sorrowful for you when we learned of your loss through prayer time at choir last night. I've prayed for you on and off today and will continue in the coming days and weeks.

Rechelle said...

So sorry Lori. God be with you.

April said...

Lori,
Deborah told me of this sad news today and you've been on my mind since.

You all are in our prayers. I know you have a long road of healing ahead of you, so let all those wonderful folks around you shower you with some love and care.

Love,
April

Angie B. said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Lori. My family has prayed for you and yours during our evening prayer time, and we will continue to do so.

Brandy said...

We are grieving with you over the loss of this sweet little life. You have a lot on your plate right now dealing with your loss and all that is going on with your brother. I pray that God will uphold you and comfort you in a mighty way.

Love, Brandy

Anonymous said...

You and your sweet family are indeed being upheld in prayer for your loss and also for your brother and family. You all are indeed loved by many. When you hurt we hurt for you too. joanie

livinginthemidwest said...

Lori I will be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. May God give you the comfort you need.

sbh said...

Lori,

I've been thinking about you all day since my mom forwarded me an email from Joanie and I just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you throughout the day. I was so excited for you and now my heart grieves along with you. with much love, sarah

Anonymous said...

Lori, we are so sorry and are praying for you, Steve and the boys. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lori,
I'm so sorry. I will pray for you as you mourn the loss of this little one.
May the peace of Christ be with you,
Annie

Jessie said...

Lori, we are sad with you, Steve, and those great boys of yours. We will continue to pray for Christ's peace to surround and comfort you!

Anonymous said...

Lori,

I just read your last post. I am so sorry for your loss. Heaven has a new angel. I hope God surrounds you and comforts you.

Scotty

The Boojes said...

I'd heard this through the grapevine, Lori, and have been praying. This is definitely tough.

Randy said...

Lori, although I heard about your loss from Josh's recap of the Sunday evening prayer time a couple of weeks ago, I am just now reading your blog for more information. You are such a good writer, it takes me FOREVER to read what I went for, as I HAVE to read a lot of the other posts as well. Anyway, your were radiant when we saw you last Sunday, so I knew the Lord was taking care of you and your family in recovering from the loss (at least on the outside). We love you!

Lori Waggoner said...

Elder Stone, those words mean more than you know. The Lord and his people are indeed caring for us.