Monday, July 6, 2009

I Have a Dream 5

Is there no end to my dreaming? There is...I promise. Just not yet.


Can you envision this house as a luxurious bed and breakfast? I certainly can! The stone and brick facade is gorgeous and the structure appears to have good "bones" as well as beautiful floors and classic woodwork inside.



A few cans of paint and some well-appointed furniture...and wah-lah! Magical. (the rooms pictured above are tastefully painted and decorated, but not every room is!) The house sits on about 18 acres and includes a beautiful old barn and silo. I can see that barn transformed into a place where the B&B guests, as well as dozens of town-folk, could gather on Friday nights for a festival of food, drink, music and dancing.

For those guests fortunate enough to secure a night's stay in the B&B, here's a sample Spring/Summer menu:
Breakfast
Bacon, spinach and avacado omelet
Fresh Fruit Cup
Caramel Cinnamon Roll

Lunch
Spring Greens w/ Blackened Salmon
Mango-Lime-Cilantro Dressing
Sister Schubert's Roll w/ Honey Butter
Lemon Sorbet w/ Shortbread

Dinner
Starter: Anaheim Shrimp, Cold Asparagus, Gewurstraminer
Soup: Cream of Leek
Salad: Campari Tomatoes w/ Fresh Mozarella & Basil; Balsamic Viniagrette
Entree: Ginger-soy Kebabs - Filet, Red Peppers, Onion, Portabellos, Zucchini - and Saffron Rice, Red Zinfandel
Dessert: Fresh Blueberry Pie w/ Vanilla Ice, Lemon-drop Martini

Other desirable amenities would include heated towel racks, plush robes and slippers, jacuzzi tubs, large screen TV's, as well as a stash of good books, music and movies, and a hearty dose of warm hospitality.
Wanna come?

9 comments:

April said...

You know I would be there. Who could resist that barn. But, you would need to take out the TV's add fresh cream and garden produce to the menu....cause Honey, if you have 18 acres there is no excuse not to have a few cows and a big garden.

MeeMaw YaYa said...

Lori, Where (generally) is this located? Did you go to an open house?

This place looks wonderful. You should see about the possibility of fulfilling this dream of yours, and then when you are about ready to open for business, let me come out for a free run-through! :-)

Rhonda

Brandy said...

Yes! I wanna come! I could really use something like that about now :0)

Angie B. said...

Heck, yeah, I wanna come! Please don't be offended, though, if I skip the soup course at dinner and go straight to the salad. The breakfast menu is making me very hungry right now. Yum!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!!!! I am drooling all over myself just reading the ideas for food. YUMMY!!!! Where is this wonderful place--besides in your dreams. Joanie

Lori Waggoner said...

Well, my ideal location for a B&B would be in wine country (Hermann, Augusta, Washington), but right now there aren't any houses there that appeal to me (that I found, anyway). This particular house is across the river in IL...and probably not in an area that would attract the B&B crowd...I don't think. But it happens to be the kind of house I would want for this purpose!

I have NOT been in it, Rhonda. All these pics are from the real estate site online.

April, I'm more of a horse girl myself. Horses = recreation. Cows = labor. Hmmm....recreation or labor...recreation or labor...tough call. Not. I'd be open to removing the TV's. However, for women like me to have a remote chance of going to a place like this, TV's would be required. Otherwise the hub wouldn't go for it!

The Boojes said...

Mmmmm! Me, me!!! =)

Cindy said...

You would be the perfect hostess!

Lori Waggoner said...

Thanks, Cindy. It would bring me joy...