Monday, July 20, 2009

Leisurely Woman's Daybook 2

Outside my window…the Crape Myrtle is in full bloom!

From the kitchen…Baked Apple Doughnuts, Toffee, Mounds Bars, Rice Krispy Treats - VBS Snack time.

Around the house...we've been clearing a spot in the basement to be used as a weight room. The men of the house have big ambitions of getting in shape. Hm.

A favorite thing...my Candle Warmer. Which I don't use for candles at all. Instead, it sits near my computer and functions as a warmer for my coffee or tea cup...splendid idea from my friend, Kimberlee.

I am thinking...that forgiveness can be more difficult to receive than to give.

I am wearing…an oversized (and therefore highly comfortable) gray cotton dress...sort of a moo-moo for fashionistas.

I am creating…a set of handmade notecards.

I am reading…Psalm 136 - His lovingkindness is everlasting!

I am hearing…my 13-year-old blowing his nose.

I am thankful for...pain killers and sleep aids. Hey, life is tough at 44.

Plans for my week...VBS. Nuff said.

A photo/video I'm sharing...my dream car. ;-) Identify, anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I thought you spelled crape myrtle incorrectly. Then I looked it up because you are such a perfection in so many areas and figured you might even know how to spell the bush/tree. Sure enough it is spelled either way---crape/crepe. The car looks like a blue mustang convertible. But I am not a car expert. But it looks pretty cool whatever it is. Joanie

Anonymous said...

Proofread Joanie. Perfectionist.

Lori Waggoner said...

Joanie...I knew what you meant. And yes! It's a 1966 Mustang. I've always loved the '65 & '66 models!