Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Domesticity

For all of you who don't think it can't be done, for those of you who believe it is superfluous, and especially for those of you who have need of orderliness, I am going to demonstrate for you how to fold a fitted sheet.  You can thank me later.

Some, either out of rebellion, ignorance or apathy (you know who you are), are content to roll and stuff the sheet into the closet:


But you don't HAVE to be one of those.  First, place your hands into two same-side corner seams, like this:



Fold them together, like so:


Do the same with the remaining two corners:



Next, fold all four corners into one:




Lay sheet on flat surface.  Two sides will "naturally" fold inward like this:



Smooth, then fold in half:


Flip over.  The "rough" side will look something like this:


Fold in thirds and wah-la!!  You have a neatly-folded, beautifully-symmetrical fitted sheet.
 

Prepare to be impressed with yourself.





13 comments:

Oriana said...

Funny, Mrs Shaffer. You come up with such random yet entertaining blog posts! "Prepare to be impressed with yourself." LOL You've saved me from boredom again! :)

Brandy said...

Just like my momma always did it! I just have to say that I love your outfit in these pictures! Too cute :0)

Lori Waggoner said...

Oriana...I feel a bit sorry for you that you're so bored you have to turn to my blog! This may border on depression, dear. You may want to seek professional help. ;-)

Oh...and thanks for the kind words.

Lori Waggoner said...

Brandy!! Man, I miss you guys! I learned it from my Momma too.

I tried to hide myself in the photos. FAIL. But thanks for the compliment! XO

Les said...

Ok. Very impressive indeed. I'm still not sure I could do it, but I do think I'll sleep better knowing that at least some people in the world have this kind of talent.

Brandy said...

I miss you too Lori!

Helen said...

I'm truly impressed Lori. I've never had that demonstrated so artfully. You've inspired me to try it myself. I'll post pictures...wait...I don't have a blog. Maybe Les will do it.

Cindy said...

I'll have to remember the title to this blog, because I have never mastered the art of folding a fitted sheet.
I recall just last week, saying to myself as I failed once again, "I hate fitted sheets!"

Maybe, just maybe, I will finally have victory next time.

Les said...

I'm just gonna bow out of this conversation. I'm the only guy and why am I discussing folding sheets anyway?!

Lori Waggoner said...

I'm just a fountain of inspiration, aren't I?

Helen, perhaps you should start your own blog?? I'd love to know if you have any success with this technique. It's second nature to me, so it's hard for me to really know if these instructions are specific enough. Thanks for stopping by!

Lori Waggoner said...

Les, and you're always threatening to take away OTHER'S Man-cards? Ha! Your involvement in this domestic conversation made it infinitely more interesting...in fact, it was YOUR idea, wasn't it?

Lori Waggoner said...

Cindy, you can arrange for a personal demonstration after we have lunch together next week...or month...or year.

Anonymous said...

hi!This was a really marvelous subject!
I come from itlay, I was fortunate to search your Topics in google
Also I obtain much in your Topics really thank your very much i will come every day