Thursday, October 28, 2010

Making a Difference

After I read The Hole in our Gospel a few months ago, I walked away feeling helpless...unable to make an impact on the HUGE problem of hunger, poverty and the hopelessness of those living without the Gospel.  I wondered how one person can make a difference that counts when the problems are so enormous. 

Since reading the book, I have paid more attention to the work being done by World Vision (whose president wrote it), and I follow them on FB so that I can't forget about the whole thing as easily as I otherwise might. 

I was moved by this brief story which World Vision linked to recently, because it demonstrates that a single person CAN have a profound impact...even if only on ONE family.  This is a beautiful manifestation of God's love flowing from one family to another and transforming their world.

No comments: