Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Grati-Tuesday

Today I return thanks for the privilege of daily showers.  I'm actually quite serious.  As I peruse the websites of several ministries who labor for The Gospel in areas of extreme poverty (including those I have linked to at left), I am struck over and over again with the absence of water in these places and our own easy access to it.

Though I can imagine living without many of my luxuries - and yes, I admit that imagining is a relatively cushy exercise in comparison to actually making those sacrifices - but I can not even conceive of living for weeks on end without a shower and freshly laundered clothes.

Thank you, Lord, for the abundance of hot, running water. 

1 comment:

Randy S. said...

Yes, one of the many things we take for granted that many many in the world do not have.....