Thursday, November 6, 2008

So You Had a Bad Day

I stumbled groggy-eyed out of bed at 8:11 this morning, slightly panicked that I hadn't set my alarm and had only 19 minutes to get Riesa ready and out the door so I could deliver my boys to school on time. As mothers sometimes do when mornings are hectic, I contemplated staying in my jammies for the carpool ride...afterall, who's gonna see me? I thought better of that idea and threw on some old worn workout pants and a baggy sweatshirt...not a huge step up from the jammies, but I feel slightly better about being in an accident in real clothes...ragged or not. I left my hair completely disheveled...no combing, no barretts, no nothin'....just a big ratty mess. I got nothin' to prove...right? No one to impress...here's hopin' this isn't the one morning I run into Mike Matheny in the parking lot at school, eh?
We ran out the door at 8:48...only 8 minutes behind schedule. Phew! We can do this! Little did I know that I was headin' straight into the arms of The Law.
To be continued...

2 comments:

Angie B. said...

Uh, oh....can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I hope you at least brushed your teeth.

Lori Waggoner said...

I brush my teeth before I open my eyes. No matter what...it's the first thing I do...always!

There's something for which to be thankful, huh?