Saturday, November 1, 2008

Turning the Page

Each month, when I turn the calendar page and write in all our upcoming events, I need a nap just thinking about everything we're gonna cram into those 30-31 days! However, as I turned the page on the calendar today, I was stunned by the vast unoccupied spaces. Whatever will we do with such a paltry November schedule?

Here's where we've been - the monthly calendar DURING football and soccer season:

Here's November...absent of both.
Ahhh...deep cleansing breaths... I feel energetic knowing I don't have to reserve those stores of energy just to get through an overloaded month! (and we only have 2 kids, 1 aunt and 1 grand-nephew...well, and a traveling husband...well, and me, of course!)

Now, I'm not expecting this to last...maybe not even through November. Basketball tryouts for Grant are November 10, and if he makes the team, I'm sure that his schedule will once again dominate the landscape of our calendar (see all the RED ink? That's Grant's good life. And YES, our schedules are color-coordinated...duh.) Eric's basketball season doesn't begin until the new semester, so we earn a little respite there.

All I can say is: I don't know how ya'll people with 5, 6, 7 and 8 kids keep it up! Phew!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"... (and we only have 2 kids, 1 aunt and 1 grand-nephew..."



Don't forget a "grand niece," too. ;-)

Lori Waggoner said...

Well, we're not taking care of the grand-niece, silly! Not yet, anyway!

April said...

I like how you skipped straight to 5 kids. I don't know how people with 3 kids playing sports at the same time do it.

Lori Waggoner said...

Well, for Pete's sake, who do we know that has 3 kids?

It's either 2 or 5+!! These crazy reproducin' Presbyterians!!