Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Papa

On Sunday, my family gathered in honor of my Daddy's 67th birthday. Yes, he's still Daddy, although in recent years I've taken to calling him "Papa." I've talked before about my Dad, so you already know he's a faithful man of character who has lived an exemplary Christian life. He has always made his love known to me through his deeds and through frequent verbal expressions of love and affirmation. What more could a girl ask for?

A couple of years ago, I put together a scrapbook commemorating and preserving portions of his life. The commentary is mostly taken from his baby book - in which his mother kept sporadic records of his early successes and interests - and from her recollections. I'm sharing some of those memories/pages here: (I apologize for my poor scanning job...most of these are fairly crooked!)

Fourth Grade

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of my dad with all 6 of his children or his 21 grandchildren, or his 2 great-grandchildren in the album. I'll have to work on adding those later!

5 comments:

Trina Waggoner said...

You've done a wonderful job with Daddy's book!!

jennifer h said...

What a lovely tribute to your dad, Lori.

Anonymous said...

Well the tears keep coming--must be tired. What a faithful man of God and what a blessing to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your special dad with the rest of us. Joanie

melanie said...

Beautiful! I can't get over how much Michael looks like him in the 8th grade photo.

Lori Waggoner said...

Glad you all enjoyed it.

Melanie, I was surprised by that resemblance too! It's striking!