Monday, April 12, 2010

Leisurely Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...a pair of Cardinals are singing happily...hopefully as a good omen for Opening Day today.

From the kitchen...I managed to ruin a whole batch of berries by smothering them in heavy cream which, upon first bite, I discovered to be soured!  I happened not to notice the March 30th expiration date before dousing the berries.  :-(  Live and learn.  Or not...

A favorite thing...My Cardinal hat with "bling"

I am thinking...That Albertus Magnus (aka: Albert Pujols) just might be worthy of the appelation "El Hombre" which I previously thought should be reserved for Stan The Man Musial.  7 games, 5 homeruns, 14 RBI's.  Not a shabby start.

I am wearing...Cardinal red, of course.

I am hearing...An interview with legendary Cardinal broadcaster, Mike Shannon, who sounds surprisingly sober.

I am reading...The Trivium - a rather heady, philosophical book about the nature and form of language.  The parts I understand, are quite good!  An educational, but somewhat laborious read.

I am creating...a baby blanket.  For...a baby.

I am thankful...for the luxury of attending Opening Day.  Seriously.  It's an inconsequential event, but one that inevitably puts a smile on my face.  

Plans for my week...Monday:  Cardinal baseball (duh...)...Tuesday: read,  household chores... Wednesday: Dr. appointment for Riesa Kay (need wisdom and guidance to make decisions about her health and care!)...Thursday:  Bible study, birthday lunch (not mine)...Friday:  night on the town with 12 friends for good food, great music (John Pizzarelli at Jazz at the Bistro!!), and bowling (bring it, Jimmy!) 

A photo/video I am sharing:  5 of the 7 Hall of Famers who showed up for today's pre-game ceremonies: (front to back) Bob Gibson, Bruce Sutter, Ozzie Smith, Red Schoendiest, Lou Brock.  Not pictured: Stan The Man Musial (who looked quite frail, but was there, as always!), and newly-inducted Whitey Herzog.

It's definitely a baseball town.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Projection for the 2nd Man Albert: 115 HR & 322 RBI

It may or may not be supernatural, but what we are witnessing IS super.