Monday, April 19, 2010

Leisurely Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...Spring has returned with a perfectly cool, overcast day...perfect for opening windows and cleaning the house.

From the kitchen...blueberry pies for Men of the Covenant meeting tonight.

Around the house...the dryer is requiring 2 cycles of 80 minutes each to thoroughly dry the laundry.  I'm thinking it's time to replace the exhaust duct.  Shall I attempt to do it on my own or put it on the "Honey Do" list?  Hmm...

A favorite thing...this leather rag-rug.  I found it a few years ago at Target.  It weighs a ton (which makes it a challenge to shake out!), but feels awesome underfoot.  Plus, it gives Grant's room that manly smell of leather...which beats the smell of teenage boy anyday, right?

I am thinking...that I have become lazy in my blogging.  For whatever reason, it is a chore for me these days and I do it under compulsion...all the while hoping that ya'll can't tell!  I think I need a new muse.

I am hearing...You Come From Rhode Island...a song to which I was introduced last week while listening to John Pizzarelli perform at Jazz at the Bistro.  I couldn't find a link to his version, so I chose an inferior one by Erin McKeown. 

I am reading...The Complete Father Brown...a collection of detective stories by G.K. Chesterton. 

I am creating...still working on that crocheted baby blanket!

I am thankful for...a faithful Christian mother who upholds me with her godly counsel and encouragement, even when she is enduring trials of her own.  A life of genuine difficulties has strengthened, rather than destroyed her faith and made her into a prime example of God's faithfulness in working all things for good. 

A photo/video I am sharing:  For some unknown reason, a friend's FB status which said "Up, up and away" made me think of this old TV show.  Is there a legitimate connection, or did I make that up?



3 comments:

Angie B. said...

Our dryer had the same problem for a long time. We once had a house guest who became a little annoyed at how incredibly long the clothes were taking to dry. That's when I decided it was time to do something. (Or decided it was time for my husband to do something, anyway.) He replaced the duct work and---wow! One normal cycle and the clothes were dry! With the money (on electricity) and time (extra trips down to the basement to restart the dry cycle) saved, I only wish we'd done it sooner.

Great looking blanket. I've been doing some knitting and enjoying it OK,, but I'd like to give crocheting a try.

Lori Waggoner said...

Alright. That's it. I'm gonna do it! Unfortunately, I'm not yet green enough in my conscience to care much about the overuse of electricity, but I DO care about the extra time it takes for me to finish the task! Lowe's...here I come!

Angie B. said...

Re electricity...the main green I was concerned about was the stuff coming out of my wallet. Shorter drier times mean less $$ to the electric company!