Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Accomplishments Bucket List

1.  Write a comprehensive SS curriculum with a classical mindset, a "Through New Eyes" approach, and astonishingly beautiful artwork which illuminates the imagery and symbolism that are prominent from Genesis to Revelation.

2.  Earn a PhD and teach at a university...OR earn an MD and open a practice dedicated solely to folks with special needs.

3.  Own my own business.

4.  Write a book worth publishing.

5.  Learn to play an instrument.

6.  Compose an integrated, aesthetically-pleasing, classical curriculum for grades K-6.

3 comments:

Angie B. said...

I suggest you start #1 today. Then you can scratch #4 off your list, too, when finished. Put me down for at least one copy!

Lori Waggoner said...

Yes. If I'm ever gonna do it, I ought to get started. I tell myself that every week, but then I get overwhelmed by the ENORMITY of the project and, of course, all my inadequacies of understanding begin to plague me. But what better way to learn than to teach, right? Sigh...

I once had a friend who told me that, while there may be some wisdom in contemplating the potential pitfalls of a project/idea, there comes a point where you must throw off the fears and misgivings and plunge in. Entrepreneurs accept that there will be problems, but don't try to sort out WHAT the problems will be. They just go for it and figure it out as they go! I need a dose of audacity to get me started!

Lori Waggoner said...

Oh...and counting #1 as a fulfillment of #4 would be cheating! #4 is the one that feels most attainable - though not easy, by any stretch of the imagination!