Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Travel Bucket List

I have only ventured outside the United States on one occasion, but it's not for lack of desire.  I look forward to traveling...some day.  Here are my top 3 trip choices:

1.  Historical tour of Greece, Italy, Ireland & Scotland
2.  Literary tour through England
3.  Train tour through Alaska (I'd readily swap this one for a cross-country Harley tour)

For the first two, the emphasis would have to be on architecture, important literary or historical figures, & local culture and cuisine.  In other words, I don't want to go to Ireland and stay in "Americanized" hotels and feel like I'm in an American resort.  I want to get a feel for the land and the people as I acquaint myself with history.  Make sense? 

This list is much less likely to be fulfilled than my Adventure List, but a girl can dream, can't she? 

No comments: