Monday, September 27, 2010

An Icon of Self-Government

I went upstairs to deep clean Eric's room, and found these adorning his bulletin board:





He determined of his own accord to eliminate soda and doughnuts from his diet...at which point, I feared he might die of starvation!  But, as you can see, he has managed just fine and has kept himself on track. 

The last photo shows him keeping track of the physical feats/requirements he has to achieve in order to be accepted into West Point.  Even though that is still years away, he is steadily working on improving his strength, agility, etc. to meet them. 

This kid is delightful.

8 comments:

Les said...

That is so refreshing! What discipline. Can you send him over to my house to give a lesson to a couple of teens? And maybe an old guy.

Lori Waggoner said...

Ha! If only I could clone him...I'd be one wealthy woman, wouldn't I? I keep hoping he'll rub off on his brother!

JWC said...

Very impressive. Discipline such as this might even look beyond West Point...

... to Annapolis! Tell that boy to aim high! :-)

Lori Waggoner said...

He'd love to hear THAT, Jason!

JWC said...

Well, it was meant to be a compliment.

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

Mark said...

FYI: http://www.joesgoals.com/

Lori Waggoner said...

Uber cool, Mark. I just might have to utilize that site for myself!! I suppose I should pass it on to E too. He'd love it b/c he is always meeting and setting new goals!

Laura said...

Way to go Eric!! Love hearing about one of my former students. Keep up the great work.