Monday, November 14, 2011

Musical Monday: Owl City

I avoid listening to highly-synthesized music.  I don't like it.

I generally look down my nose on musicians whose songs are indistinguishable from one another because they repeat the same chord progressions, intervals, and vocal inflections over and over and over again.

I roll my eyes at cheesy, sappy, and non-sensical lyrics.

Yet somehow, even with all these snobberies in place, I have grown fond of Owl City, whose music is the very embodiment of all those elements I despise.  

I don't - and probably couldn't - live on a steady diet of his music, but I actually do enjoy listening to him.  Perhaps it's the joyful quality of his sound...or the innocence of his lyrics...I don't know.  Here's one of my favorites:

  

1 comment:

Oriana said...

Ooo, this is a good one. I also really like Fireflies and On The Wing.