Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Joy of.....In-Laws?

In a couple of hours I head out to the airport. I will be whisked away to CA where I will spend the next four days with the women from my husband's family.


Before you pity me too much, let me remind you that Steve's mom, Gloria, is a hoot and the quintessential life-of-the-party no matter where she goes. She is incapable of encountering a human being without either learning his life story, or revealing her own. His quirky Aunt Jan possesses a subtle, sophisticated sense of humor, and his sister-in-law Shari is a normal gal who loves to talk. THEN...there is Steve's sister, Sheri, who isn't afraid to remind you that she remains SOLE OCCUPANT OF THE THRONE even outside her own house. And I love her for it. Her college-age daughters are delightful - Allison is the SOLE OCCUPANT OF AN INTELLECT within the group and together we can irritate the rest (especially the queen) by discussing matters about which they have zero knowledge. Kaly is competive and rarely loses anything...from Spit to Scrabble to the "who-got-the-most-gifts-on-this-trip" contest.

Anyway, we will spend Friday and Saturday at Aunt Jan's place in Lake Tahoe - easily the most beautiful place I have ever been...gorgeous hiking views - and we will play games, laugh and eat great food. Aahhh...life is good...even with in-laws.

No comments: