Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Busy Little Bee

I may not blog much this week.

I am busy with one of my favorite jobs in the world...Spring Cleaning! Really! I love it. There is nothing more satisfying than cleaning every inch of every room, ceiling to floor...fans, blinds, windows, wall hangings, stuffed animals, shelves, knick-knacks, mattress pads, sheets, blankets, comforters, quilts, curtains, rugs, drawers, closets, baseboards...CLEAN! All at once! Another part of the process is paring down...getting rid of unused "stuff"! Most satisfying of all, is to do this to the WHOLE HOUSE in a matter of 2-3 days and to know every single thing is CLEAN! Aaaah. (interpret as contented sigh)

I am also busy with one of my other favorite tasks...Gardening! Today I completely revamped one bed and will get to the others in the next week or two. Maybe I'll post some before & after pictures in the coming weeks.

Happy Spring Cleaning and Gardening to me.

Oh, and GO CARDINALS!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!

One of my kids' complaints of homeschooling is that they do not get snow days. I remind them that on occasion, which happened this past Monday, that we take spring days. We play outside and do some spring chores and wholly enjoy the beauty of the warm, spring day. I love working in my flower beds and am trying to wait patiently for my vegetable garden to get its annual tilling.

I am not with you so much on the cleaning.

Anonymous said...

That was me talking...I suess I pushed the wrong button...:(

Anonymous said...

*guess

Angie B. said...

Flower, vegetable, or both?

I used to have a veggie garden when we lived in Houston, but haven't done that here. For one thing, our yard is not fenced and we have woods behind our house. Every once in awhile I see deer wandering in and out of the backyard. I'm afraid it would be a battle trying to keep them out of a vegetable garden.

Have fun!

Lori Waggoner said...

Debbue, I suess you must've altered your medication dose this morning...it's not workin' so well for you. ;-)

Lori Waggoner said...

Angie, primarily flowers, trees and shrubs. I do grow some herbs (oregano, chives and basil...lots of basil). Last year I had 2 tomato plants and they did produce, but I really don't like going out into the hot, humid STL air after May 31, so anything that needs ongoing care is not a good idea for me!

Well, I WILL go out to watch a baseball game...just had to get that in there somehow!

Anonymous said...

At least it only took me a minute to notice my mistakes.

I hope you make some of that UNFORGETABLE pesto again this year:)

GO CARDINALS!!

Lori Waggoner said...

Apparently, your other half thought it was mostly FORGETTABLE! ;-/

jennifer h said...

If only you wanted to take your cleaning show on the road and hit my house when you are done . . . sigh (interpret as a discontented sigh).

Seriously, I would like to do what you are doing, but I can never get so much time altogether to get it done. So I am trying to do thorough cleaning in spurts. And, I am forever culling out the extra stuff because it seems like the supply of it never ends.