Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Says Who?

Our family, probably like many others, has some movie one-liners that we repeat over and over again, ad nauseum.

Can you identify the movie, character and/or actor for the following frequently-quoted-lines in the Shaffer household? You'll find that we have a most-frequently-quoted-movie as well! I have no cool prizes to offer...just the prestige of being right and winning. For some of us, that's enough!

Now, no cheating. Do not google the phrases to find their origin!

1. Do not panic! Do not panic!

2. That......can.......be........ARRANGED!!

3. You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.

4. They come. They eat. They leave.

5. You first.

6. Now go away!

7. You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

8. Do I.....look stupid.....to you?!

9. That's our lot in life. It's not a lot, but it's our life!

10. All by me onesy...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least 1, 4, 8 and 9 are from A Bug's Life, I think, making that your most-quoted movie, and with good reason, for it is highly quotable. ;) #7 is A Few Good Men, and I think #3 might be Toy Story, but I'm not sure.

Lori Waggoner said...

No guess on #'s 2 & 10?

Angie B. said...

#3 is Buzz Lightyear speaking to Woody. I would have guessed "Hitchhiker's Guide" for #1! Don't know any of the others.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is another quotable one.

Anonymous said...

No clue...

Did you have fun freezing at the game last night? I did get to go! Boo for the loss.

Lori Waggoner said...

Oh, yeah...a blast. I was wishing I had brought a blanket and gloves and a scarf!

You were there?! I looked for you guys and couldn't find any of you...I thought Big John's height or your long hair would make you easy to spot. Oh well...whose ticket did you take?

Anonymous said...

Carey had too much to do and Caleb wasn't feeling well, so Noah and I were able to go. Noah, I discovered in the back seat driving down 44, had on a jersey and t shirt...you thought you were cold! I gave him my long sleeve red shirt that I had on under a Cardinals' t-shirt and sweater. I did have gloves and a headband ear warmer thing that I gave to Noah and the lining of my coat. SEEEEE!? I do like him;)

Nathan had flip flops on...I am shaking my head...I have failed in so many ways...

Lori Waggoner said...

Yeah, well, you only like him because he's starting to remind you of Carey. ;-)

If you're a failure, you're not the only one...young Mr. Shields was sitting near us with SHORTS on. I think the Eureka air must be killing off the common-sense cells in their brains!