Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wonder Woman of Domesticity

I had a dream. Or perhaps it was the hallucinogenic effects of my "migraine-cocktail," but for some reason, early last week I perceived momentarily that I was the new and improved Linda Carter...the Wonder Woman of Domesticity. This was not the first delusion of grandeur that I have ever experienced, but the difference this time was that I PUBLICIZED my idiocy.

Alas, I can't. The rooms that I did complete (4/4 BR, 1/3 Baths, 1/1 LR, 1/1 DR, 1/3 Hallways with closets) look and smell fabulous, but the rest....well, I'm not sure when I'll get to them! I'll be happy to finish the rest of the first floor this week! Kitchen...Bath...2 Hallways...and Family Room. And the basement? Oi-vay. Maybe when school's out. Then again, maybe not!

I never did look very good in tights and a bodysuit anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I feel much better about my inabilities when it comes to spring cleaning. Even though you did not hit 100% you did a heck of a lot by anyone's standards!! Bravo!

jennifer h said...

I feel much better now knowing you are a mere mortal. But, you still accomplished a lot more than I can hope to any time soon. Considering all you have going on, you have a lot to be proud of.

Steve Anderson said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. Wear the tights and bodysuit to evening church and let us all be the judge.

Lori Waggoner said...

Steve -
When I show up in them, I'll be sure to tell those who are scandalized that any disciplinary action should be directed toward Elder Anderson, not innocent, unwitting parishioner Shaffer!

(Btw, that was so unexpected, I couldn't quit laughing!)