Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Beatific Vision

On this mountain Yahweh Almighty will prepare:

a feast of rich food for all peoples,

a banquet of aged wine -

the best of meats and the finest of wines.

On this mountain he will destroy

the shroud that enfolds all peoples,

the sheet that covers all nations;

he will swallow up death forever.

The King Yahweh will wipe away the tears

from all faces;

he will remove the disgrace of his people

from all the earth.

Yahweh has spoken.

Isaiah 25:6-8

4 comments:

Jon Barlow said...

Lori - before I forget - I want to teach the 4th grade sunday school in the fall (Charlie's class). Let me know if that's cool.

Lori Waggoner said...

Jon, I really appreciate that, but Joel Montgomery is already signed up to teach that class. I'm not sure he knows what he's in for, though!

I don't suppose you're interested in any other grades? :-) Maybe I'll go ahead and snag you for next year's 5th, so you can teach Charlie's class next go 'round?

barlow said...

I could do the 6th grade, I suppose.

Lori Waggoner said...

You're on! I'll put you down. Many, many thanks!!