Thursday, June 25, 2009

Clean Your Room

I'm just curious. After 16 years of living with a mother who prefers to live like this:
Clean & Uncluttered

Organized & Functional

A Place for Everything and Everything in its Place!

Can a boy possibly have any legitimate reason for telling said mother that his room is clean when it looks like this? Does the command, "Clean your room!" really warrant a detailed explanation? Apparently it does.

I mean...is it possible that he just doesn't know what clean looks like? Nah...I didn't think so either. What was he thinking? "Yep, Mom! Cleaned my room! I'm ready to leave town now."

Oi-vay!

7 comments:

annie said...

Well, at least the sheets are still (mostly) on the bed. :)

Lori Waggoner said...

Yes, I am learning to lower my standards. HEY! There is a strange lack of mold growing in here this time...good job, Son!

Jeff Meyers said...

You think that's bad?! Let's trade kids for a few weeks. Not Jeffrey, but the other one. ;-)

jennifer h said...

Detailed explanations are always needed at my house. I somehow don't think that in 3 or 4 more years that it will be much different. *Sigh*

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Shaffer, that is NOTHING. I think you would have a heart attack if you saw my bedroom. My mother does all the time. :)

Madeline

Lori Waggoner said...

This is only mildly messy for him too...I mean, it can get WAAAAY worse than this. The problem is that this is his version of CLEANED UP!!!

MeeMaw YaYa said...

I'm thinking you must be related to this gal at: http://makingitlovely.com/2008/10/27/studio-tour/