Monday, November 16, 2009

Leisurely Woman's Daybook 18

Outside my window...the weather matches my mood. The pundits are predicting rain for most of the week.

From the kitchen...I'm anxious to try this variation on Rice Krispy Treats, as recommended by my friend, Annie.

Around the house...the garden needs to be cut to the ground for the winter. It's SUCH a mess!! I started the task this weekend and planned to finish this week, but with rain forecast through Wednesday, it just might have to wait! Oh, well.

I am thinking...that whoever invented Double Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Breakfast Stout is a genius.

I am wearing...my favorite fall shoes: a pair of black suede slides with 4" heels. Comfy in spite of their height.

I am hearing...Red Molly, of course. I am addicted to their most recent album, Love & Other Tragedies. ;-) These gals are really talented. I would travel a good distance to see them live. They cover old bluegrass, rag, big band, obscure singer-songwriters and country standards, in addition to writing their own stuff. Each of them plays more than one instrument and they create all their own arrangements to fit their voices. My faves on this album include Honey on My Grave, Make Me Lonely Again, May I Suggest and Sentimental Gentleman. Most of their YouTube videos are not of professional quality, but I'm gonna share this one anyway. Even though the sound is poor, it showcases their tight harmonies.

I am reading...the 5th in the Binding of the Blade series...fantasy novels written by a teacher at my sons' school.

I am thankful...for my eldest son, Grant, who turned 16 yesterday. More to come on him later this week (but don't tell HIM that!).

Plans for my week...the whole week is geared toward getting ready for my annual trip to the lake with 8 girlfriends from church. Such a refreshing and relaxing time!

A photo/video I am sharing...Grant 5 years ago. He ASKED for a suit for his birthday. You know that made this momma happy!

No comments: