Monday, November 30, 2009

Leisurely Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...sunny and 42. A perfect November day.

From the kitchen...I discovered this morning that no matter how low the burner heat is, if you put an egg in the pan, walk away and forget about it, it will burn. A profound discovery, my friends.

Around the house...the tree is trimmed, the mantle is decked and the stockings are hung!

A favorite thing...watching Hal, Luke and MaryKate in church. :-)

I am thinking...that Christmas music is one of the happiest sounds known to mankind.

I am hearing...White Christmas.

I am reading...A Christmas Carol.

I am creating...a story. I am attempting to write a creative short story, which doesn't come easily to me and I've never done it successfully yet. Could take me a while, but I'll share it if I ever finish and am satisfied (doubtful on both counts!).

I am thankful...for the "wood man." Mark comes by a couple times every year and stacks our front porch with cords of cured wood...a source of many hours of pure pleasure!

Plans for my week...Monday: bring Riesa back here after her week at home with Mother. Tuesday: coffee with a friend who is going to give me a musical instrument...I'm not telling what kind of instrument yet, but trust me, you'll be amused! Wednesday: Grant's first basketball game...quartet practice "Gabriel's Message" Thursday: organize next quarter's Sunday School curriculum Friday: more basketball Saturday: work in the garden. Nothing special...just your average mom's week.

A photo/video I am sharing...the room where I hide during the winter:

No comments: