Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grati-Tuesday

Today I give thanks to God for the men in the Missouri Presbytery who sacrificed their time to thoroughly investigate the accusations against my pastor, Jeff Meyers. I am especially thankful for their conclusion that he remains within the bounds of orthodoxy in his teaching and ministry.  Several men worked tirelessly to ferret out the truth and the Lord heard and answered our prayers in bringing about his exoneration.

I also give thanks for Pastor Meyers, who endured close scrutiny, answering very tedious points of theology with precision and detail.  This too required an additional sacrifice of time and energy on top of his routine pastoral duties.  I thank God for the endurance, patience and maturity granted to him throughout this process. 

ADDENDUM:  Almost as soon as I posted this, I became aware that the Presbytery's rule is being challenged.  Nevertheless, I am STILL thankful for their work and pray that God will confirm their faithfulness by granting them the same vindication they granted Pastor Meyers. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!! Joanie

Les said...

I'm thankful along with you.

Lori Waggoner said...

Thanks, Les. It's encouraging to know that there are some outside of PRPC who are paying attention and not rooting for JJM's downfall.

JD Linton said...

Now we pray for their courage because the focus shifts to them. The issue will now be the propriety of their study. May God grant them the courage of their convictions.