Monday, January 31, 2011

Hmm...

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with this picture?


See that black hole in the floor there?  Any idea what that might be?  Back in the day, we called that a laundry chute.  You know, a little space carved out of the 2nd story floor which leads directly to the basement laundry room?  We actually thought of it as rather a convenience...you know...it kept us from having to descend 2 flights of stairs to deliver our laundry to mom.  Seriously now, folks.  Could I make it any easier for the children?  This hole lies almost directly between their 2 bedrooms, so they've actually taken the time to carry the clothes TO the hole...but apparently that final act of scooting them INTO the hole requires just a bit too much effort!  

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!  Oi-vay. 

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Well, I was correct,identifying it as a laundry chute. It just appeared to be a little small for larger items of clothing, hence my idea of underwear and socks!

I have a laundry chute in my hall. Over the weekend, my youngest grandchild had a great time tossing assorted articles in the chute including toys,clothing, her pacifier and several items she removed from my purse!

Lori Waggoner said...

Yes! You WERE correct, but I was glad I didn't confirm it on FB b/c the other comments(advice, etc.) probably wouldn't have been made and they were pretty funny!

The chute is small...but it actually accomdates everything! Even their sheets and blankets!

Ours too has been a source of entertainment for the children. Eric and his friends used to take turns at either end...one dropping his stuffed animals down the chute while the other was at the bottom catching and collecting them. :-)

Randy S. said...

NO WAY is that a laundry chute. A laundry chute is big enough to stick a pillow through! Not just one sock at at time....

Oriana said...

I concur! Laundry chutes are supposed to be big! In fact...have you ever slid down a laundry chute?... Well, me neither, but I always wanted to! But for some odd reason, my mother wouldn't let me... hm...