Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What Happens at The Lake...

...stays at The Lake! Such is our commitment, but we rarely keep it!

For 11-12 years now, I have been fortunate enough to get away with several girlfriends from church for a weekend in the Ozarks. A couple at church very generously allows us to stay at their home there, free of charge. We gorge ourselves on gourmet food, devour numerous bottles of good and sometimes not-so-good wine, we shop at the outlet mall, we talk a LOT and we laugh even more...at ourselves and others - but mostly others.

Last year, I documented some of our trip with photos which I posted on Facebook...only the appropriate ones, mind you...but still...I find out a year later that at least one of my "friends" was royally miffed at me for publicizing them. Oops.

So, this year, I received multiple threats from women who refuse to have their photos displayed for all 5 of my regular blog-readers, or the few friends who visit me on FB, so I am only allowed to make a fool of myself...which I'm fairly adept at anyway.

One of our traditions is to put on a "Fashion Show" at the end of each shopping day. We model our purchases and somehow feel truly affirmed by all the obligatory "ooohs" and "ahhhs." Well...this year, one of the gals was too exhausted from her "shopping-on-steroids" day to model her purchases, so I modeled them instead!

BUT...the first outfit I came down the stairs in, was a dress that one of the gals had purchased for her 11-year-old daughter. I don't know how the other girls feel about it, but their reaction upon seeing me, has to rank as one of my top 10 moments at The Lake.

I don't know...but I thought it looked kinda cute on me! Take away the crows feet and the double chin and I almost look 12...don't I? :-)

So now it's YOUR turn to keep the commitment. What happens on the blog...stays on the blog! (The daughter is NOT supposed to see this photo or it may ruin her desire to wear the dress!) Hopefully you all are more reliable than I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Its a great new look for you!
-Hannah

Trina Waggoner said...

Shirley, or CURLY Temple? Cute!!

Anonymous said...

i may or may not be scarred.... that dress was for me. lol totally kidding.
-caleb

Lori Waggoner said...

Caleb - lol!

Thanks, Hannah dahling...I thought so too.

Trina, have you never seen my hair like that? Crazy, huh?