Monday, February 8, 2010

Leisurely Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...The snow continues to fall, but with paltry accumulations!   I'd love to experience, just once,  the thigh-high blankets of silence we used to get in Minnesota.  Maybe I wouldn't find it as magical at age 44 as I did as an 11-year-old, but I'd be willing to give it a try. 

Around the house...if we have another snow day, I anticipate several games of Yahtzee (after 12pm when the boys awaken), sloppy floors and a pot or two of hot chocolate. 

From the kitchen...Shaf makes a killer Tri-tip.  Have I mentioned that before?  He marinates it for 24-48 hours in Italian dressing, then grills it (even in the snow) to a medium-rare perfection.  Paired with a side of broccoli sauted in bacon grease, it makes the perfect low-carb dinner!

A favorite thing...Pilot Precise V5 roller pens.  They offer the quickest and smoothest writing tip for me...love 'em!

I am thinking...that the time I have to read and write is a great luxury indeed.

I am wearing...my favorite jeans.  Loose, relaxed and comfy.

I am hearing..."Grumbling About Dinner Guests" - a sermon by Jeff Meyers about the parables in Luke 15.

I am reading...Peter Leithart's The Kingdom & The Power:  Rediscovering the Centrality of The Church.  This book was my first exposure to Leithart more than a decade ago and as I re-read it, I realize how thoroughly my biblical interpretation has been influenced by him.

I am creating...ugh.  Not again.

I am thankful for...the coming addition of 5 babies to the PRPC congregation:  a 5th, a 4th, a 3rd, a 2nd and a 1st!!  Children are a blessing and heritage from the Lord!  Besides that...as Shakespeare's Benedick would say, "The world must be peopled!"

Plans for my week...Prepare for Friday night's "Supper Club" here  and my 2 week solo departure.  I am heading to a convent for a couple weeks of intense spiritual formation.  OK...not exactly.  But I will be gone for 2 weeks.  And without technology. 

A photo/video I am sharing...The Mother-In-Law visit went well...and she INSISTED on taking me shopping!  I made us both happy by finding this bargain outfit for $23!! Blouse:  $7...Jeans: $5...Belt: $11. 

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Are you really going to a convent? Because that woul be really cool.

Lori Waggoner said...

No, I'm not...although that was my original idea! Only for a month or six or twelve. Instead, I'm heading south. I suppose that's a good substitute.