Monday, February 1, 2010

No Leisure This Week

The mother-in-law is on her way from California, even as we speak.  Since I had forgotten she was coming...there will be no leisure for ME!   I have linens to launder, floors to vacuum, baseboards to scrub, tubs to scour, meal-planning to do, groceries to purchase and food to prepare! 

Actually, for the first time in my life, I have decided that a moderately clean house (and that description could be a bit generous!) is sufficient.  I no longer feel the need to prove something or receive praise and approval for my housekeeping skills.   This could be a result of maturation (doubtful) or complacency (likely), but either way, I will avoid a great deal of stress.  Nor will I spend the week preparing the perfect meal 3 times a day. 

I must say, my MIL has never imposed high expectations on me...they originated solely from my own psychotic perfectionism, which has been entirely dismantled in the last year. 

But I do have a smidge of pride left, so I do need to do some basic housekeeping!  Toodles...

No comments: