Saturday, February 13, 2010

Observations From A Roadtrip


Alabama really IS beautiful, as her welcome signs boast.

She also boasts:

The greatest # of tailgaters per capita...HOLY COW those people are impatient!

The most frequent speed limit changes.  I passed through dozens of reductions and accelerations from 65-25 and 25-65...in 10 MPH increments.  Aaaaaaagh!!!!

Real men.  Dozens of them on their Harleys in 45 degree weather, and trust me...on a bike, that's COLD!!!

Reba McEntire's vocal twin.  She mans the cash register at a backwoods gas station in Jasper, AL.  When I averted my eyes from her face, which bore absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to Reba's, I could have sworn she was in the room.  Not just the southern accent, but the word and phrase formation...uncanny.

Yes.  All of my observations were about AL, but out of the 12 hours I spent on the road, it seems 11 of them were in the great state of Alabama!!


1 comment:

annie said...

Ah, yes, the tailgaiters. As a native daughter, I apologize. Your descriptions of the place are making me a little homesick.

I hope that you're having a wonderful trip!