Monday, December 6, 2010

Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia

If you're familiar with Amelia Bedelia, then you can imagine the dilemmas created by a Christmas To-Do List that includes making a "date" cake...stuffing the stockings (is that kind of like stuffing a turkey?)...trimming the tree...stringing lights... putting a big star on top (would that be a movie star or a rock star?)...and greeting Aunt Myra with carols (or is it Carols?).

Kids, as well as juvenile-minded grown-ups such as me, delight in Amelia Bedelia's misinterpretation of everyday idioms.  No substance here, but several good laughs to lighten the heart. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your listing of Amelia Bedelia. She lightens my heart when I read her--obviously to the grandkids. But they don't get her.
I am sitting laughing my head off at her interpretations of words. I love her literalness. Joanie