Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Baby

Isn't he just adorable!

This is our surrogate grandchild: he's really my grand-nephew, but he feels like a grandchild to us. We are, after all, old enough to have some, but our children aren't old enough to give us any. He stays with us every other weekend and then he goes home...it's awesome!

Julian is 2 1/2 years old (hardly a "baby", but that's what we call him: The Baby), he has a sweet disposition, is extremely bright and brings lots of joy to our household.

Last Sunday was his first to wear a tie, and he was SO happy about it because he looked like Grant and Eric.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

He looks so grown up and adorable! He is a great little guy! I am so glad you guys have him to love on - its precious to watch!

jennifer h said...

Ok. I resent the "old enough to have some comment." If you had a child when you were 20 or younger who also happened to have a child at 20 or before, yes. But really? Steve, well, that's another matter ;)

On to the important comment . . . The Baby is very sweet looking and adorable with the tie. I admire your's and Steve's kindness and generosity in caring for him so regularly.

April said...

He's getting sooooo BIG! Uh, I disagree, he's very much a baby and probably will be until he's ten.

Anonymous said...

Well, Jennifer, my "old-enough-to-have-some" comment is based on the fact that The Baby's maternal grandmother (my sister) is only two years older than I, which means she was a grandmother at my age! As was my own mother... Sorry to lower the boom of reality on you!

As for my husband, that IS definitely another matter. Imagine our shock when we discovered that he is the same age as Jessie's dad!! I often think of myself as being HIS age, until something like that happens...I am certainly NOT old enough to be Jessie's mom!

April, I think you're right! Even though Julian's dad looks at me a bit oddly when I call him The Baby, I'm not sure I'll stop for a long time...ten sounds good to me!

jennifer h said...

Ok. I concede. I am old. But, I like to pretend I am as young as the other parents of children the same ages as mine :)

I can relate to the discovery that Steve is the same age as Jessie's dad, too. The parents of Justin D. at church are only 2 years older than me. Yikes! I just got started late!