Thursday, November 22, 2007

You Shall Remember...

My yearly Thanksgiving meditation is Deuteronomy 6-9. These few verses are posted on my dining room wall as a reminder:

"Beware lest you forget Yahweh your God by not keeping His commandments and His ordinances and His statutes which I am commanding you today; lest, when you have eaten and are satisfied, and have built good houses and lived in them, and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and gold multiply, and all that you have multiplies, then your heart becomes proud, and you forget Yahweh your God.

"Otherwise you may say in your heart, 'My power and the strength of my hand made me this wealth.' But you shall remember Yahweh your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day."

No comments: