Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Inner European

My inner European is a colony. No, not a leper colony...

I took this survey which first concluded that my Inner European was Dutch (tolerant and all that...hmmm...remember that open-mindedness quiz I recently took that rated me at 4% and called me judgmental and unwilling to discuss others' ideas? Apparently, I am an infinitely conflicted human being.)
I knew Dutch couldn't be right, so I re-took the test and changed my answers. :-) This time I was Italian...passionate and colorful. I liked the sound of that better, so I went with it. Even though I found myself somewhat frustrated by the lack of answers that really fit me, I moved on with my life.

UNTIL, I read Angie's blog today. She thought of that which never occurred to me...she gave her own answers...you know, personalized the survey. (She's quite the comedian - check out her humor blog - plus she's a Jim Jordan, Peter Leithart, JJM gal...how could you not like her?)
Anyway, I am going to piggy-back on her idea and give my own answers to the questions.

1. Your ideal meal is something like...Lobster Bisque, Greens w/ Beets, Mandarin Oranges and Goat Cheese, medium-rare filet mignon, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes.

2. And you would finish it off with...Missouri port and something very chocolatey.

3. What political issue really gets you going? Taxes...big government...politicians...education.... Oh, that question asked for "issue" singular. Oops. See, that's why I don't read political journals, or newspapers or magazines or listen to or watch shows about politics. It all gets me worked up, so I ignore it and live my life in relative peace.

4. Your dream car is...something classic and old, like a 1965 mustang. I've wanted one of those for a very long time.

5. Your idea of a great night out is...a small group of friends listening to John Pizzarelli at "Jazz at the Bistro," followed by martinis at the Ritz.

6. Your ideal vacation involves... a yacht out in the middle of nowhere, with an ample supply of pens, paper, books, and a tall, dark, handsome....aah, nevermind that part.

So, whad'ya think? What is my Inner European?

13 comments:

Angie B. said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Lori!

I have to say, if someone asked me to list my least favorite types of food, the list would look an awful lot like your ideal meal (minus the garlic mashed potatoes, which I like). Lobster, beets, any slab of meat less than well-done--yuck!

If only more political discussions were like this you wouldn't have to worry about getting worked up...

Anonymous said...

Anything I can do to help...

I'm sorry you have such a joyless palate. How very unChristian of you...

That video is absolutely hysterical! Thanks. It was a good way to start my day!

Anonymous said...

Debbie says:"I took the survey and came up Dutch, too. I thought I was more like Steve than you...hmmm...I may have to go back and rethink my answers."

"What is with the new comment format?"

Anonymous said...

not that I am not happy to be described in the same way as you, friend;)

Anonymous said...

That's O-K. Lots of days I don't want to be like me either!

I don't know why the comment section changed...just BlogSpot trying to update their processes, I suppose. It caught me off-guard this AM too.

April said...

Okay I had to do both the surveys. I'm apparently French and 48% open-minded.

But, my dream car (actually truck, 1958 Chevy with wood rails, painted barn red) was not on the list, nor was my choice of meal or vacation.

BTW Seth has begun to notice Mustangs of all eras. I remember at his age my choice of car was a Lincoln Mark VII.

Anonymous said...

You're married to a professing Democrat...of course you're open-minded!

A Lincoln Mark VII? Isn't that a big old-person car??

Anonymous said...

Oh. I would really like to eat your chosen meal. It looks yummy. The original quiz was really limited. It told me I was Russian once and Spanish the next time.
--annie

Anonymous said...

I am Irish. I went back to see what I checked and thought how did "they" get that answer--no offense to the Irish because I am part that. I think I was 30 something open minded. Joanie

Anonymous said...

Re-did the open mindedness quiz and I really was about a 20. Joanie

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you're more open-minded than I!

Irish = pubs, meat & mashed potatoes. That's just not you!

April said...

Ahh, Lori, you haven't been following my husband's political evolution, he has not been a democrat for quite some time. I'm not sure what he is, but he started smoking a pipe, drives a truck and bought a gun.

And I like to refer to the Lincoln Mark VII as an executive car, it's not long enough to be a boat, but big enough to make a gigantic woman feel comfortable. I don't like vehicles that require me to accordian fold my body.

Anonymous said...

I guess living alongside the Eureka rednecks will change a person, eh?

Any way you look at it...it's a big-ol'-damn-ass car! (Did I just say that in public?) ;-/